Jost van Dijk
Look: Sharp nose, furrowed brow, moustache like an old-timey strongman
If you and another character have sex, they automatically speak to you, as though they were a thing and you’d rolled a 10+, whether you have the move or not. The other player and the MC will answer your questions between them.
Otherwise, that move never works on people, only things.
Things speak: whenever you handle or examine something interesting, roll+weird. On a hit, you can ask the MC questions. On a 10+, ask 3. On a 7-9, ask 1:
- Who handled this last before me?
- Who made this?
- What strong emotions have been most recently nearby this?
- What words have been said most recently nearby this?
- What has been done most recently with this, or to this?
- What’s wrong with this, and how might I fix it?
Treat a miss as though you’ve opened your brain to the world’s psychic maelstrom and missed the roll.
Reality’s fraying edge: some component of your workspace, or some arrangement of components, is uniquely receptive to the world’s psychic maelstrom (+augury). Choose and name it, or else leave it for the MC to reveal during play.
Workspace: a garage, a junkyard of raw materials, a truck or van